Friday, August 14, 2009

On the Brink

Well, here we are. 36 hours until the Olympic distance triathlon that I set out to conquer months ago. It's been an interesting path of physical strength and endurance as well as a bit of soul searching. I've learned alot about what I can do, what I can expect of myself, and how I fit in a little easier into my own world. I've been able to work through a few things, embark on forgiveness, and put a big check mark in front of the biggest physical challenge of my life.

well, hopefully.

But, on the brink of this endeavor, what I do know for sure is that people from disparate parts of this country, disparate walks of life, disparate cares and woes, and different histories answered my challenge to raise money for GLSEN to help them make schools a safe place for kids. Together, we've raised a little over $3,ooo.

And that's not about the race.

1 comment: